Employment Law Solicitors
A complex area with complex issues at stake …
At Monahan Solicitors, our experienced Employment Law Solicitors provide practical, high-quality legal advice in contentious and non-contentious employment law issues …
“Employment law” covers a whole range of legal issues which fall under the general term of employment law. Issues can include both non-contentious matters such as drafting and advising on contracts of employment, disciplinary and grievance procedures and health and safety procedures – and also contentious matters such as claims for unfair dismissal, breach of contract and injunctions.
Employment law is a very complex area with many pieces of legislation governing many different areas such as:
- The Unfair Dismissals Acts
- The Redundancy Payments Act
- Data Protection Acts
- The Health and Safety Acts
At Monahan Solicitors we have extensive experience that covers many areas of employment law such as acting for employers and employees in the following areas:
- Claims for work related stress which can result in a personal injury claim.
- Claims for bullying and harassment.
- Claims for unfair or constructive dismissal.
- Claims for wrongful dismissal.
Monahan Solicitors act for clients in the Employment Appeals Tribunals, the Circuit Court and High Courts in relation to employment matters.
We can advise our clients on their employment law rights and obligations on a range of employment issues such as:
- Health & Safety
- Terms and conditions of employment.
- Minimum notice.
- Maternity and paternity leave.
- Working hours and holidays.
- Redundancies and retirement.
- Data protection issues.
- Transfers of undertakings, sale of a business and the employment implications.
Monahan Solicitors can prepare employment law documentation for clients to include:
- Contracts of employment and employee handbooks.
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Health and safety procedures.
- Codes of practice for Computer use, email and internet use.
Employment Law (Solicitors)